Losing a tooth can considerably Disturb your wellbeing, creating some difficulty in everyday tasks like eating and talking. Although contemporary dental restorative procedures have led to a substantial decrease in the number of teeth extracted annually, lots of individuals still have one or more missing natural teeth in their mouth. According to an estimate, about 70 percent of American people aged 35-44 have dropped at least one of the natural teeth. If you are one of them and searching for a permanent and lifelong replacement alternative for a lost tooth, then dental implants should be your first option!
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The Success and fantastic durability of dental implants depends upon their ability to form direct contact with the surrounding jaw bone. This practice is called osseointegration and ensures that any prosthesis that is placed over the implant stays retained and secure, thereby restoring optimal operation of the artificial tooth. In General, any person that has one or more missing natural teeth is a candidate for an implant. You should consider getting an implant if:
- You need a long term and durable replacement for your lost natural teeth.
- You would like to restore your facial esthetics by getting your missing teeth replaced.
- You would like to eat and speak with no difficulty.
- You want to eliminate your inconvenient and uncomfortable dentures.
Why Are Implants Better Than Other Dental Prosthetics?
Dental Implants are gaining widespread popularity as the most convenient and durable replacement alternative for missing teeth. Let us take a look why you may prefer them over other tooth replacement options, like bridges and dentures:
- Enjoy a gorgeous Smile – Loss of a tooth can mess up your smile and facial esthetics. Esthetically pleasing dental prosthesis can be set over the implants, thereby restoring your lovely smile and charming look.
- Durability – Unlike the dentures and dental bridges, dental implants are intended to last forever. If you take proper care of your dental health and adhere to your dentist’s instructions about the care of the implants, you can expect them to work for a lifetime.
- Minimal Requirement for Tooth Preparation – Fabrication of dental implants singapore bridges, even for the replacement of one tooth requires reduction of the adjacent teeth also. On the other hand, placement of dental implants doesn’t need any preparation or decrease of the adjacent teeth, thereby maintaining the natural tooth structure.
- Eat Any Food You Like – People who wear removable or fixed dentures need to avoid eating hard and sticky foods. This means they must overlook many of their favorite foods. After replacing your teeth with dental implants, you can enjoy all your favorite foods with no fear of breaking or dislodging your dentures.